Welcome to the Oxnard Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System. If this is an Emergency please call 911. Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. Citizen police report filing my be done by you IF:
- This is not an emergency
- The incident occurred within the Oxnard Police Department City limits
- The suspect is unknown
- This did not occur on a State Freeway
If you answered yes to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered no to any of the questions please look at our Online Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions section. Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: “Your online police report has been submitted” showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a police report case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
Online Police Reporting Frequently Asked Questions
Question: What do I do if online incident reporting is not right for me?
Answer: If your incident is an emergency, call 911. If non-emergency call 805-385-7740.
Question: What if this happened in another city can I file a report using this online police citizen reporting system?
Answer: No, If a crime took place outside of the City of Oxnard Police Department please call the police department for that city.
Question: What if this happened on a state Freeway?
Answer: If this took place on a state Freeway please call the Highway Patrol Office nearest you.
Question: What is a known suspect?
Answer: A known suspect is when you or someone else knows the person or where to find the person who committed the crime or the license plate number of the vehicle the suspect(s) were in.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
You can use the Online Citizen Reporting System to report the following incidents:
- Child custody documentation
- Harassing phone calls
- Hit & run traffic collisions
- Lost property
- Theft from an unlocked/unsecured vehicle
- Vandalism of a vehicle